Rise Broadband Expands Executive Operations Team
Leading Fixed Wireless Provider Adds Management to Enhance Services and Coverage
DENVER [Business Wire] – February 19, 2016 – Rise Broadband, the country’s largest fixed wireless Internet service provider, has made five appointments to its executive management team; Pete Caputo – Chief Information Officer, Jim O’Brien – Sr. VP Customer Operations, Martin Garrity – VP Network Planning, Engineering & Construction, Darrick Zucco – Sr. VP & General Manager and Kim Blackerby – VP Human Resources.
“Pete, Jim, Martin, Darrick and Kim all have the vision, expertise and leadership to provide our current and future customers with the enhanced information, entertainment and communications they need to live and work in remote or suburban locations,” said David Heimbach, Rise’s chief operating officer.
- Mr. Caputo (CIO) is responsible for the company’s technological infrastructure and provides strategic leadership for continued IT innovation and enhancements. Pete joins Rise after holding executive posts with Level 3 Communications and tw telecom.
- Mr. O’Brien (Customer Ops) directs the organization’s contact centers, Network Operations Center (NOC) and Field Operations. Jim previously had similar management responsibility at EarthLink, Deltacom and ICG Communications.
- Mr. Garrity (Network Planning/Engineering) oversees all product performance on the Rise network and leads the company’s LTE network upgrade and market expansion efforts. Martin served in a variety of comparable roles for MCI, Rhythm Netconnections, British Telecommunications and Crosswalk.
- Mr. Zucco (GM) guides the organization’s sales, product, marketing and growth strategies as well as supervises all regional general managers. Darrick worked at Cincinnati Bell in several executive positions for nearly 20 years as well as other corporate and municipal entities.
- Mr. Blackerby (HR) is accountable for all Human Resource functions; guiding the company’s employee recruitment, relations, and retention strategies/programs. Kim has nearly 20 years of executive HR leadership experience working for Level 3 Communications, tw telecom and Time Warner Cable.
Rise Broadband offers affordable high-speed broadband (Internet and phone) services in 16 states with speeds ranging between 3 Mbps and 1 Gbps. Incorporated in 2005 as JAB Wireless, Inc., Rise Broadband serves nearly 200,000 residential /commercial accounts in rural and suburban areas throughout the Midwest, Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions. Rise Broadband is headquartered in metro Denver. For more information, visit www.risebroadband.com.
Rise Media Contact:
Abels Communication Company