Lifeline service is a government assistance program that offers discounted Internet and telephone service with unlimited local calling to qualifying low-income customers, provided through both select local telephone and broadband companies.
How to Get Lifeline
Mail a completed Lifeline Application and provide proof of eligibility. If your application is approved and you are a current Rise Broadband customer, discounts will begin to apply to your bill effective the next billing cycle.
If you do not have Rise Broadband telephone service:
- Sign up for Rise Broadband telephone service in the name of the Lifeline applicant by phone.
- Mail or fax your approval application and proof of eligibility documentation.
Find Out If You Qualify
Qualification for Lifeline requires that your primary residence be within the program’s state and that you either have gross annual income at or below the program’s established income thresholds or participate in the following public assistance programs:
- Food Stamps / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid (not Medicare)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Income-based eligibility – Consumers at or below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- The Veteran’s Pension or Survivor’s Pension benefit
For more information on Lifeline eligibility, click here.
How to Apply
Print and complete the application form: Lifeline Application (PDF)
Upon completion please mail to:
619 14th St SW
Loveland, CO 80537
TEXAS residents: Lifeline Application
NEBRASKA residents: Lifeline Application
Changes to your address or eligibility? Please complete the Change Notification/Request Form (PDF)
Standard Service Activation (Line Connection) Charges Apply to Lifeline Customers. Lifeline is a government assistance program and is only available to eligible consumers. Lifeline is limited to one discount per household. Lifeline service is non-transferable. View Lifeline Terms and Conditions.